What John Ott discovers during encounters of the influencial kind... (Different Observatory Outlook)

Friday, May 20, 2005

Awards Ceremony Events of 5-19 (5-20)

Any good news that I could have brought from accepting the scholarship at the board meeting was laid to rest in two minutes flat. I was quite upset with the scheduling of the program too. I know the whole purpose of this ceremony was to "display" the winners of the scholarship, but I wanted to throw in my "two cents." I have waited for so long to get my chance to throw in the "revised agenda" of what Wireless Oakland should be! An actual conversation will be paraphrased below... (I'll code the names...)

John: (Me) So is the entire purpose of this meeting to basically round-up the events that happened in the previous month?
Associate: Yes.
John: I really want to talk about something that the board should take notice to, what are my chances if I make mention of "Wireless Oakland?"
Associate: NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR THAT... THIS SUBJECT WOULDN'T HELP YOU IF IT WAS MENTIONED HERE. THIS PROJECT HAS NO VALUE TO THE PEOPLE AT THE MEETING TODAY.
John: ...(I see I have wasted my time... Continue to round the sheep.)
************************************************************************************
Associate 2: What are you using the scholarship money for?
John: For books at OTC, along with any other items I may need for college.
(I was honestly going to ask him if he really said that to me. Maybe I should have told him, "Fake ID and a couple of kilos.")
************************************************************************************
The major players of Waterford were at the meeting, along with the Destination Imagination (DI) team at Houghton Elementary. The DI team really paved the way with the "outside the box thinking" of navigating and healing wounds with the circulatory system of the body. A good example of this would allow Jim's students from the Summer Camp to operate the V-Tel without the awareness of administration. This was an experience that actually shed light on this awful day.

The agenda was just like any other monthly meeting and nothing gets done. When the microphone was blocked by a bunch of rabid maniacs which we call staff, then that signals bring in the donuts, sit down, and shut up. Another opportunity to change society has been rejected by those that innovators loathe. The comatose pedal-pushers were out in their version of "proactive."

Best to all, -John Ott
P.S. This was what I had observed at the meeting, having said that, please take no offense to my words written in this article. Those involved can work to change my retrospect if they so choose!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home