What John Ott discovers during encounters of the influencial kind... (Different Observatory Outlook)

Friday, April 29, 2005

Thinking About Change... (4-29)

I refuse to end up as a statistic as I was told I was yesterday! Why? I have found the real reason why America is in the dire need of development. I know some person that thinks my efforts are for naught. When I heard this, I was quite upset because I couldn't believe she said that. If anything, I think she will agree with this article. There are methods that need change. I don't want to continue to live in the dark ages.

I also took the "Government Quiz" that tried to associate the change that was needed to make a successful school. I am sad to report that the quiz was irrelevant to students. This quiz didn't address issues that students face. As a collective effort we should ask students this question, "What would you want to learn that would help prepare you better for college?" After taking the quiz, I am brainstorming new ideas that would help schools overcome the failure as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Best to all, -John Ott

To access yet another article that details failure in schools and the American economy, use the link below...

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/29/opinion/29friedman.html?hp

P.S. My so called "list serve" has had little success! I won't give up... it just seems that some people think I am an idiot! I am now getting "hate mail." Maybe I should start my own talk show, so I can let others know for this information there is no two hundred dollar charge with tax. I just think that any information should be soaked up and analyzed whenever possible. But hey, I just "work here."

John:

So, having an opinion is a dangerous thing and being responsible for same is its own burden. Congratulations on joining the adult world (hazardous as it is). Absolutely LOVE the "radio talk-show concept! Podcasting comes to mind.

Best,

Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home