What John Ott discovers during encounters of the influencial kind... (Different Observatory Outlook)

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Possibility? (4-14)

I would like to add on to the email that I sent to Jim concerning the events of today. It seems that through this recent discovery, I believe that we could use this to complement some activity into the summer camp. Wondering what it is yet?

How many of you have ever played a real time strategy (RTS) board game? A good example of this would be called "Risk." Well we would play the game of course, but not only do you get to play, but you also get to paint your army and construct scenery! Basically, the point of the game is to defeat the opposing army and capture the base. However, you need to use your head as to figure out the correct battle plan to win the mission.

With so much emphasis put on building the force the way it should be built... I was thinking we could use a segment of time to incorporate building and discussing strategy with choice groups. We could have an "Arts and Crafts" seminar to go along with videoconfrencing, nature trails and whatever else may be planned.

I know this may sound confusing but I urge all of you to check the website... I am going to check out how everything works on Saturday.

Best to all, -John Ott

To access the RTS game use the link and paste it in your browser...
us.games-workshop.com

P.S. Jim, I hope we are still having the summer camp... If we don't I would end up feeling like the chart that explained school demise. "A failure."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home