What John Ott discovers during encounters of the influencial kind... (Different Observatory Outlook)

Thursday, August 31, 2006

"The World Is Flat" (8-31)

I have joined the student life committee at the Highland Lakes Campus at OCC. An interesting topic of note (which I will give the exact date when it comes in) includes the month of November when I will conduct a speech/presentation in front of the panel. The topic will cover Thomas Friedman's book, The World Is Flat.

The key ideas that will be covered will be based on the agenda that is agreed upon before the panel. Those on the committee are trying to get members with qualifications that will help maintain relevant input on the discussion. The group may consist of a member of Brooks Patterson office, banker or business executive, teacher, and community member.

I have some time to read over the book and prepare so my game plan will be ready before then. If anyone wishes to participate or be a spectator let me know because I would love to see you there!

Best to all, -John Ott

P.S. I'll have some interesting questions for the person who represents Brooks Paterson if Paterson himself doesn't show up!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*All manifestation of projects that promote outside learning at OCC Highland Lakes had been canned 2 weeks after original post. (Sad isn't it?) Otherwise up until today (3-4) I've been busy with school work, driving, and educational duties.