What John Ott discovers during encounters of the influencial kind... (Different Observatory Outlook)

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Freud, And The Analysis Of Dreams (1-31)

It is easy to see that dreams are connected to everyday wants and needs. But, how do we differentiate these dreams in order to make sense of them....? Sigmund Freud says that we need to take those dreams to find out what we can about the soul inside us.

(Don't try this in an altered state of reality!)

(The deepest dream cycle reoccurs in ninety minute intervals!
Example: If I fell asleep at 10:00 PM my first dream cycle would be at 11:30 PM.

Questions to ponder... (After waking from the dream)

1. What do you think your dream means?

2. Does the dream reoccur often?

3. Can you think of why this dream reoccurs? Can it be associated with something in your life? (In order to understand your dreams it is important to document them immediately after you awake from sleep.)

*My dreams (if I can remember them) are always about having a girlfriend! This is because I know I'm self-sufficient and I take care of what I need to when the time comes. I never need to worry about anything else because when I set something for myself I complete it. I haven't completed my goal of getting a girlfriend! So therefore, I am emotionally torn in this dream cycle!*

I just hope that it doesn't get the best of me because then I might do something I would regret.

Thoughts and comments are welcome!

Best to all, -John Ott