What John Ott discovers during encounters of the influencial kind... (Different Observatory Outlook)

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Events Of Tues. (1-25)

The term multitasking is used pretty loosely here at the Observatory. It was just one of those days because something is always going on here and I wouldn't have it any other way. I had time to get my government homework done which was nice. Only after I had finished, I realized what the agenda for the day was... Find out John Ott's goals and set to achieve them. After I had sat back and thought to myself what my future goals could possibly be, I noticed that Jim R. Was gone out and about again! I watched him because he was trying to fix a printer, but when I turned my back the fun was just beginning. John I. Had come to join us, and what he did for me today set my time at the Observatory from productive to crucial.

John I. Brought an article in pertaining to Blake Ross. As I learned something new today it gave me a new idea to share with all of you. Blake Ross is a computer wizard and by all means he is definitely turning me away from using Internet Explorer (IE) for good. Blake started hacking Netscape by age 14. He unveiled his web browser Firefox by age 19. The stupidity of the Internet Explorer developers Microsoft is very apparent. Since Microsoft is a monopoly (and if not, close to it in my mind) they don't have to make a superior product free from bugs and viruses. However, Blake decided that the people wanted perfection! (Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.) All of the inefficiencies of IE were forgotten and replaced by blazing fast servers and round the clock support due to the open source support. With one million copies already downloaded on the initial release date I'd say this more then signifies my switch to Firefox.

I have a government test to study for so I am delaying my review of the software until Thursday. With all of the positive aspects of Firefox it is worth checking out to see if this software lives up to the hype. America knows the pain of waiting for the web browser to load, now we should put that in the past. Just being able to get on the Internet when it is convenient for you saves a lot of time. Leaving more time to do what has to be done throughout the day. If all of these highlights still have skeptics about Firefox then read my review on Thursday. Oh, and the software is free by the way. I'll be sure to leave a link as well.

John I. Still had some news for me today and quite frankly I was excited. John I. And Jim R. Thought it would be a good idea to have me be a part of Future Farmers of America (FFA) and Global Trade Mission. (GTM) I thought if I receive the chance to get work on other projects I could learn a bit about myself, inspire someone else, and meet new people along the way. I was very excited by this time but the news got even better. Rita Dachs, a teacher at Waterford Kettering High School (WKHS) wanted to take a field trip with her Autistic students to the Observatory! That would be very cool! Since I intern here Monday through Friday I realized the pressure was on me to run through a successful tour. I want this opportunity more then anything and I will do whatever it takes to show everyone how cool it is just to see a new environment and explore new interests in the matter of seconds. What people don't understand is what exactly goes on around here. I'm going to teach these kids a new term, "Renaissance Man." I obviously can't reveal my plans of a successful time but I know this will take self-driven activities to a whole new level. I hope the way I feel about being here (and soon to be a part of the two organizations) makes the kids feel the same way. I want to inspire them and make them feel happy about being here and that is what I'm going to do. I'm going to talk with Rita face to face!

Best to all, -John Ott

P.S. I'm also going to get in touch with some non-profit organizations to let them know what goes on here at the observatory. I would also like to say it feels good to be back... Missing three days is to much for me. I hate you guys for making me like this place so much! (Thank you!) I also took the liberty of adding John I. And Paul B. As well as some new friends to this blog! So we can continue to gain feedback and growing support I feel that was necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home